This warming white chicken chili recipe reminds us of the dump cake recipes of the 70’s. Dump just 6 ingredients into a stockpot and voila—15 minutes later you get a culinary delight!
This soup is just what these Pacific Northwest rainy days are calling for – cozy nourishment served up in a bowl.
The beauty of this white chili recipe is its versatility. You can whip up the soup for a weeknight meal or bring out all the fixings and turn it into a more nuanced dish that is good enough for serving company (it’s very easy to double or even triple the servings!)
Either way, this warm and hearty treat will not disappoint. It literally bursts with flavor, it’s super simple, and packed with nutrition!
White Chicken Chili Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3-4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of Great Northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde (found next to jarred salsas in your market)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn (fire roasted adds some more flavor) or 2 cups fresh corn
- Diced avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Sour cream
- Fresh jalapeño slices
Also, you can add a bowl of fresh cut lime wedges and tortilla chips to your table. The limes brighten the flavor profile with a touch of acid and the chips add some crunch.
White Chicken Chili Recipe Instructions:
- In a large saucepan or stockpot stir together chicken stock, shredded chicken, beans, salsa, and cumin.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook on high heat until the soup begins to boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve it up and garnish with lots of your favorite toppings! A delicious, beautiful and nourishing meal in 15 minutes!
From Our Kitchen, To Yours
Still hungry for more delicious recipes? Try these seasonal favorites: